Business and Education Partnerships -The Tri-County Workforce Investment Board works to enhance workforce preparation opportunities for Pennsylvania young people, including disadvantaged youth, to bring relevance to academic rigor and also to promote access to and success in postsecondary education and careers. TCWIB works to organize and strengthen in its local workforce area a collaborative network of schools, including Career and Technical Centers, and higher education, businesses, workforce and economic development entities, community-based organizations, local and state government agencies, juvenile justice and other partners committed to working to meet the needs of Pennsylvania’s young people.
TCWIB Business and Education Partnership Goals include the following:
- Identify gaps between education and employers in preparing the emerging workforce for regional career and employment opportunities
- Support capacity building to ensure business and educational partnerships have the ability to support their missions and to attain sustainability
- Provide career awareness and work-based experiences to youth linked to regional high demand occupations
- Establish best practice strategies between the regional partnerships in each county
- Provide High-Quality Professional Development for Teachers and Counselors
- Build Strategies for Re-engaging Disconnected Youth and out-of-school youth
- Embed High Priority Occupations including the new Energy, Green, and STEM occupations into all activities
The Tri-County Workforce Investment Board works with a local intermediary (listed below) as well as the industry partnerships to accomplish its goals.